Tracking your campaigns and inbound traffic is not just a nice to have, it’s a need to survive! You need to know what’s working, what’s bombing, and use data from your analytics to justify your budget and resources, so that you can keep doing super smashing marketing wizardry.
What if I were to tell you that you may be doing your tracking all wrong? That the data you have in Google Analytics might not be quite as good as you think. That there’s more you can do to understand your marketing acquisition? The big question – do you want turn that acquisition resource and budget line into profitable customer interactions for your business?
Google Analytics is a blessing (it’s super powerful and FREE!) but there are also gaping holes in here (because you don’t know what you don’t know). This talk will help you get clarity on acquisition efforts.
You’ll walk away knowing:
- How Google Analytics actually defines your marketing channels, and how you can make mistakes with the channel definitions
- How UTM tracking codes work, and common mistakes
- What you can do to fix your tracking problems (hurrah!)
- How to tinker with your settings and anything outside of Google’s default setup. (Spoiler, you need to do this, especially if you are doing paid social)
- Gain an analysis superpower by putting non-Google product (eg not AdWords) data into your account
- Use Data Studio to smash the communication of your new found insights
Date: June 12, 2018 2:00pm -2:55pm
Co-Founder - The Coloring in Department